Though this is not breaking news, you might not have heard about a Qatari cadet pilot that was recently laid off due to COVID-19. The young cadet received a letter from Qatar Airways stating that their “services are no longer required”, and that they are contractually required to pay back the training costs. In this case it was roughly $165,000.
Here is the letter:
What are your thoughts on this? Would this stop you from pursuing the cadet career path? Don’t forget to check out the new cadet pilot community forums!
Rated as the top airline for year after year is Doha based Qatar Airways. They fly one of the youngest fleets and most advanced airplanes in the world.
Qatar’s cadet program is open to Qatari Nationals.
Here are the requirements:
- Must be Qatari National or have a Qatari Mother.
- Must be aged between 18 and 26 years at the time of commencing the MPL course.
- Secondary School Education Certificate corresponding to Ministry of Education & Higher Education grading scale with an average of 70% or higher.
- Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 4.5 overall and no less than 4 in each component to be eligible to join the Foundation Programme.
- Graduated High school students must have completed mandatory National Service and must obtain official clearance letter issued by Qatar National Service Authority.
- Must pass all the entry exams and placement tests.
- Must pass the Qatar Airways interview.
- Must obtain a QCAA class 1 medical certificate.
- Must obtain CID clearance.
To learn more and apply, please visit https://www.qatarairways.com/en-au/nationalisation/cadet-pilot-programme.html