Cobham Aviation Services provides surveillance services for border force and has a cadet program for suitable applicants. Successful applicants will be trained and awarded a First Officer position on their highly modified Dash-8 aircraft. The program is 53 weeks and training is provided by Flight Training Adelaide
- More Information: https://www.cobhamaviationservices.com/news/news-media-releases/cobham-launches-cadet-program-for-pilots
- To Apply: http://www.flyfta.com/pilot-training/cobham
The program is designed in four phases being:
- Phase 1 : CASA CPL ground theory and examinations and CASA commercial pilot licence CPL(A).
- Phase 2 : Multi Engine Command Instrument Rating (MECIR).
- Phase 3 : CASA ATP(A) ground theory and examinations.
- Phase 4 : Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) and Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (URPT) programs.
Integrated ground theory and flying delivered over seven modules of training. On completion of the course, cadets achieve the following national accredited qualifications:
- AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
- AVI50415 Diploma in Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- AVI60216 Advanced Diploma of Aviation (Pilot in Command)
Thank you for taking the time to consider applying for the Cobham Cadet Pilot Program. Cobham is a leading provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Headquartered in Adelaide, we have operations spanning all States and Territories across Australia. We provide a range of services for government, defence and commercial customers.
Our cadet program is focused on bringing the best and brightest into the Special Mission arm of our operations. Special Mission conducts aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country’s exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government. Our fleet consists of 10 highly modified Dash 8 aircraft and four highly modified Bombardier Challenger CL-604 jets.
Cobham is committed to providing career opportunities within the Australian aviation sector. The Cobham Cadet Pilot Program will provide this opportunity for aspiring pilots with little or no prior flying experience. In partnership with Flight Training Adelaide, this program offers a complete and dedicated residential training program to a world-class standard. The 53 week program comprises all of the necessary and desirable elements to prepare candidates for the role of First Officer on the Dash 8 aircraft.
In this important role, you will experience real hands-on aircraft operations in a close-knit team environment. Ultimately, you will be contributing to Australia’s national security, border and environmental protection. I am sure this role will provide both tremendous job satisfaction and an opportunity to grow in your aviation career.
For more information and to apply, please read on below.
Mr Russell Dyer, Vice President of Special Mission, Cobham Aviation Services Australia