For anyone that was considering Cathay Pacific’s “Advanced Cadet Program” but was limited by not having the required ICAO ATPL theory credits, that barrier has been broken and you can now apply and be accepted without it! Get in there!
Here are the new requirements:
Apply now to become a Hong Kong-based Second Officer if you meet the following requirements:
- Commercial Pilots Licence
- Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR)
- Minimum 250* hours of flying experience
- Valid Class 1 medical certificate
- ICAO English language proficiency level 4 or above
- Aged 18 years or above
* If you are a Hong Kong Permanent resident you may be eligible to apply with less than 250 hours provided you have an ICAO CPL and MEIR and meet all other Second Officer requirements.
You will receive world-class training. Second Officers attend either a 6 or 8-weeks training in Adelaide, which comprises of Simulator Training, Flight Training and Theory Hours.