If you had plans on applying for a cadet program withing the Lufthansa group, you might as well put it off until 2021. The European Flight Academy responsible for training Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, SWISS, Brussels Airlines and Eurowings, has announce that due to COVID-19 they will suspend all intakes.
For those already enrolled, a tentative restart date is around the end of August 2020, but this may change depending on the situation.
Be sure to check out our community forums for more!
Austrian Airlines offers a cadet program which allows you to become a pilot on the national carrier. Austrian Airlines is part of the Lufthansa group and training is offered by the European Flight Academy.
The cost to you is €40,000 which can be deferred and paid through your salary if successful.
- Permanent EU & CH residence and work permit and unrestricted passport
- 18 years of age at the beginning of training
- Medical fitness (verification not necessary at the time of application)
- Matura/Abitur (qualified for university matriculation) or a general/subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- For wearer of glasses/contact lenses: far or nearsightedness of +3.0/-3.0 diopters (not corrected with laser surgery)