Austrian Airlines offers a cadet program which allows you to become a pilot on the national carrier. Austrian Airlines is part of the Lufthansa group and training is offered by the European Flight Academy.
The cost to you is €40,000 which can be deferred and paid through your salary if successful.
- Permanent EU & CH residence and work permit and unrestricted passport
- 18 years of age at the beginning of training
- Medical fitness (verification not necessary at the time of application)
- Fluent English
- Fluent German
- Matura/Abitur (qualified for university matriculation) or a general/subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- Minimum height of 1.65 m
- For wearer of glasses/contact lenses: far or nearsightedness of +3.0/-3.0 diopters (not corrected with laser surgery)
- No prior psychological assessment by the DLR („keine bisherige Teilnahme an einer psychologischen Untersuchung der Luftfahrt des DLR“)
For more information and to apply, go to https://www.european-flight-academy.com/austrian/en