For those of you in the U.S, or those that are legally able to work and live in the U.S, jetBlue has introduced a cadet program known as Gateway Select. The program gets you from the beginning and takes you all the way to a first officer on their fleet of the Airbus A320/A321 family.
It costs $125,000 and can be paid in installments but they seem to be considering other options.
Here are some details:
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 23 years old by the completion of the approximate 4-year program.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a First-Class Medical Certificate
- Able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States by the end of training.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
How It Works
If accepted into the program, students follow a multi-phase training sequence over the course of four years.
- Phase I: Core Academics + Core Flying Skills
- Phase II: Basic Flying Skills
- Private Pilot’s License (PPL) Module
- Phase III: Intermediate Training
- Phase IV: Advanced Training
- Abridge Course
- Employment with CAE
- New Hire Training as a JetBlue First Officer
Head over to the jetBlue Gateway Select website for more info and apply!