Qantas has launched their much anticipated academy in association with FTA. Definitely a way to get in the door with this reputable airline.
Qantas Academy (basically a cadet program) is set to open mid-2019 with applications to start being accepted soon. 18 months of classroom work, simulator and other training will get you ready to either fly a Q400 for Qlink, mainline Qantas jets (second officer) or fly for Jetstar.
My best bet would be that you will probably be employed with Qlink.
Well, it’s finally here…
Whether it’s flying a Dash 8 across to Longreach or landing a Boeing 787 Dreamliner at Los Angeles, our pilots say they have the best office in the world.
We train our pilots to the highest standards and we can draw on almost 100 years of aviation experience. We want to help shape the next generation of pilots and that’s why we’re establishing the Qantas Group Pilot Academy. It will open its doors in 2019 with an initial intake of 100 pilots. Once it’s fully established we expect to train up to 500 pilots a year.
We expect the typical entrants to be high school or university graduates with a strong academic performance. After 18 months of classroom, simulator and real world flight training you’ll graduate. The training could lead to employment with one of the Qantas Group airlines, including Jetstar.
You can register your interest here: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/about-us/our-company/pilot-academy.html
The Qantas Airways Cadet Pilot Program provides applicants with four different university and flying based programs depending on your level of experience.
Qantas has strict minimum requirements which includes:
- Have Australian Permanent Residency status;
- Eligibility to hold a passport with unrestricted access;
- Hold a current CASA Class 1 Medical Certificate by 15 September 2009;
- Be 17 years or older as at 1 October 2009.
- A pass in Year 12 English, OR a pass in a suitable humanities/social science type subject at Degree level; and
- A pass in a suitable Year 12 Mathematics subject, OR a pass in a suitable Degree level Mathematics subject; OR
- A fully completed Bachelor Degree in any discipline;
- Be currently completing the relevant Year 12 subjects or other education criteria.
Qantas, just like Jetstar is a great airline with a great track record an would be great for anyone who is accepted! See more information.