Edelweiss, part of the Lufthansa Group, offers an ab initio cadet program based in Zurich.
You are aviation enthusiast, always wanted to go high and discover the world in a responsible position? Then you are right with us!
We offer you an integrated training model for airline pilots with pre-financing and the best job opportunities in the cockpit.
After successfully passing the multi-stage assessment, you will be accepted into training at Lufthansa Aviation Training Switzerland.
- 20-22 months training (ATPL) as a scheduled pilot
- Training modules in Zurich, Grenchen (Switzerland) and Vero Beach (USA)
- Subsequent assignment as First Officer on the Airbus aircraft from Edelweiss
- Successfully completed, min. three-year basic training or examination-free admission for a university of applied sciences or a university
- 18 to 32 years when submitting the application
- Swiss citizen of the EU-27 / EFTA (Croatian only with settlement permit C)
- Very good language skills in German (min. Level C1), English (level B2)
- SPHAIR graduates are given preferential treatment
- Men: Basic military service (Switzerland: recruit school) or civil service (Switzerland: “long assignment”) must be completed at the time of application.
Please follow this link to apply: https://career.be-lufthansa.com/index.php?ac=jobad&code=7St0CYeSfsMe7y/v%2BkccsdKiKcYOzRb9iyRJTOqPtcEnFv%2BXSpxdaA%3D%3D
French national airline, Air France is hiring cadet pilots for their advanced aircraft fleet. The program takes around two years to complete. Being a European National and fluent in French are essential.
The conditions for submitting an application are:
- No age limit
- Be a national of a country in the European Economic Area or of Swiss nationality and be fluent in French.
- Not have been disqualified and/or eliminated twice from an “Air France pilot” selection, regardless of the programme
- Not have been eliminated during an Air France or Transavia Pilot training course
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Have “baccalauréat” level qualifications and hold a valid ATPL Theory issued by an ATO certified by a Member State of the European Union,
- Or be in the second year (first year completed and validated) of a preparatory class for the Grandes Ecoles, all sectors except Literature A/L, and also including integrated preparatory classes (for example, engineering schools)
- Or have completed a study in a scientific subject area course resulting in a BAC+2 or a minimum of 120 ECTS credits,
- Or be currently completing a Master study programme (BAC+4/+5) in a university or engineering school (or have graduated),
- Have a minimum TOEIC (Listening and Reading Programme Public or Institutional Programme) score of 850pts less than 2 years old. The TOEIC is mandatory and no equivalence is accepted. You can update your TOEIC in your candidate section until december 15, 2019.
- Have a “Class 2” medical fitness certificate without exemption delivered by an EASA/DGAC-approved physician (more restrictive medical fitness visits accepted – Class 1, Class 3 and Cabin Crew medical fitness visit)
You will be required to pay registration costs amounting to €160 at the time of the pre-selection process (French government scholarship recipients exempt)
To apply or for more information, please visit https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/become-air-france-airline-pilot
Austrian Airlines offers a cadet program which allows you to become a pilot on the national carrier. Austrian Airlines is part of the Lufthansa group and training is offered by the European Flight Academy.
The cost to you is €40,000 which can be deferred and paid through your salary if successful.
- Permanent EU & CH residence and work permit and unrestricted passport
- 18 years of age at the beginning of training
- Medical fitness (verification not necessary at the time of application)
- Matura/Abitur (qualified for university matriculation) or a general/subject-specific higher education entrance qualification
- For wearer of glasses/contact lenses: far or nearsightedness of +3.0/-3.0 diopters (not corrected with laser surgery)
easyJet is a London based low-cost carrier that offers interested applicant an opportunity to become a first officer on their fleet through their cadet program. The program is provided through CAE and a cost has not been specified but we suspect over the 100,000 euro mark.
Apart from a love of flying, incredible hand-eye coordination and determination to work hard, there are a few other things you need if you want to be a commercial pilot.
- You need to be at least 18 at the start of your course, and there’s no upper age limit.
- Have at least a high school level of education, a background in Maths, Science and English can be helpful.
- Have an EASA class one medical.
- If you want to fly for easyJet, you’ll need the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK, EU or Switzerland, and the ability to speak and write in fluent English.
For more information on this program and to apply, please go to https://becomeapilot.easyjet.com or https://becomeapilot.easyjet.com/training-cae/
Lufthansa Group of Airlines has started an academy for Cadet Pilots to train and fly in any one of the group’s five airlines. After the two year program, you may be selected to fly for Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Eurowings or Brussels Airlines.
There are two pathways… One allows you to fly for any of the airlines within the group and the other only for Lufthansa and Eurowings. They are 80,000 euro and 60,000 euro respectively.
Read more about the academy here: https://www.european-flight-academy.com/en
Ryanair has reduced the price of the program from €29,500 to only €5,000! The training bond is 5 years. Seems like a great deal if you meet their requirements. It is in no way an ab intio program.
Ryanair has launched a cadet program to align with its upcoming fleet expansion. Seems pretty straight-forward.
- Citizen of CH, EU/EFTA
- 20 – 33 years of age. Birthday when submitting application
- Height min. 1.60 m / max. 1.98 m
Swiss European Air Lines AG
- Minimum requirement: highest college grade with completed work apprenticeship (at least 3 years)
Swiss International Air Lines AG
- Matura/A-level (school-leaving examination) or work apprenticeship/advanced technical college entrance qualification or certificate of accreditation at a college of higher education
The British Cadet Pilot Programme known as the British Airways Future Pilot Programme, is yet another in the long list of major airlines extending a welcoming hand to both experienced and non-pilots alike.
Launched in 2011, the programme is designed to provide world class training to pilots for employment as a first officers starting a career on short haul aircraft like their B737 and A320. You apply online at http://www.bafuturepilot.com which triggers off the process of an application review for suitability.
Lufthansa Airlines is both Germany’s flagship airline and airline of choice for anyone wanting to travel to Germany from it’s over 220 destinations worldwide. They operate over 340 airplanes (700 incl. subsidiaries) making them the second largest fleet in the world.
Lufthansa’s Cadet Pilot Scheme is another clear cut one like the much anticipated Virgin Australia Cadet Pilot Program in the sense that you are able to assess what you are signing up for before you take the first step.
Lufthansa’s program is a two year course given in Bremen, Germany, and in Phoenix, Arizona. Their training is carried out in both German and English, which are required for successful completion. Lufthansa covers the cost of your training and if you are offered a position with them after training, your repayment will be 60,000 euros which is taken out of your pay at roughly 300 euros per month.
Lufthansa’s specific requirements are:
- General or specialized university entrance qualification (advanced technical college qualification is not sufficient)
- National of an EU country and/or unlimited residence permit for Germany, holder of a passport without restrictions
- Fluent German and English language skills
- Sense of responsibility, discipline, dependability, and team compatibility
- Good physical constitution
- No record in the Central Register of Traffic Offenders pertaining to alcohol or drug consumption and/or amounting to more than 5 points
- Vision: +/- 3.5 diopter
- Height between 1.65 and 1.98 meters
- Age: when training begins between 18 and 29
Online applications are accepted year-round and classes start once a month. Apply anytime at http://www.lufthansa-pilot.de.